Nigeria Quality Assurance Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nigeria Quality Assurance Forum

A team of very resourceful quality professionals who have resolved to bridge the information gap evident in the quality assurance profession in Nigeria.

We welcome Tomiwa to Naija QA Trainer forum. Learn and share. Have fun!

2 posters

Systems or ........

Admin
    Admin

Systems or ........ Empty Systems or ........

Post by Admin Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:30 pm

I have no doubt in my mind that we do not have systems in Nigeria, maybe we do, but our systems simply don’t work mainly due to our mentality of "get it done quickly" syndrome.

A system by definition is a structured way of doing a thing by giving a step-by-step procedure on how to perform a particular task. A synergy of one or more procedures is what creates a system. In a system, every process step has been predetermined. To make a system effective, all parts of a procedure or process steps must be followed thoroughly.

Nigeria or to be more definitive, institutions in Nigeria operate without these systems and in the case where there are, they are poorly implemented. Perhaps, institutions only focus on creating a system and simply don’t see a need to appraise the level of implementation of the system they have created.

I am moved to believe that the head of these institutions do not understand the significance of implementing and on a regular basis, auditing and improving their systems. The reason may not be far-fetched. What results do you expect from a product of a country where the systems in all its entirety have completely collapsed!

Presently, we chuck out inaccurate data. Little wonder why we don’t have accurate statistical analysis of institution set up since 19_ _ you know when…. There is increased crime rate due to total disregard for the rule of Law (Our systems) also corruption is now holding us to ransome.
    The do you know anybody in that company? I need to submit my proposal, the get it done quickly, get rich tomorrow and the many other unethical syndromes we now see as our norms.

Enough said, we should know as Nigerians that we are the architect of our many problems and until we decide to get the system right (Root Cause). Nothing will Change in our "beloved country".
    BamidelePeculiar

Systems or ........ Empty Re: Systems or ........

Post by BamidelePeculiar Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:04 am

Very true and candid thought by the admin.I will also corroborate this line of thought by encouraging us to desist from a mentality called ''what will I get from this first'' but rather focus on ''how would this(whatever venture) better equip me inorder to contribute meaningfully for the realization of a much more robust organization/nation.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:44 pm

The bottom line is that it takes a broken chain in the line of command to destroy a system. Thanks BamidelePeculiar

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:09 pm